Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Winding down

The last couple of weeks I have felt like I have been on a mad roller coaster ride and finally tonight I have been allowed to get off it.

I think I have mentioned here or there that I do a bit of editing each month which brings me some welcome extra pocket money but it also keeps my professional skills up to date while I am a stay at home mum. This month I was really struggling to keep up. I don't know why because I didn't really have any more reports than usual to attend to.

Today was the absolute, ultimate deadline and I had to get them finished. It took all day, ignored the children as best I could, although they were determined to foil that plan. Finally at 5pm I had them finished! Of course that just meant that the next job to do was dinner, but after that was prepared and cooking I felt that pressure lifting off my shoulders. Oh what a welcome relief!

So after the children were put to bed I sat down on the couch to read. Then when I decided it was time for bed I also decided it was time for some crochet. I had only managed to pick up yarn and hook a couple of times in the last few weeks, as I felt that if I had time to be crocheting then I should actually be working.

The Gytha jumper that I am working on would normally be my first choice but because of the yarn colour I find it very difficult to stitch with the light from my bedside lamp. Instead I picked up hook and yarn for another hibernating WIP - my Dragon scales afghan.

Such relief to lie back and stitch, I could feel even more tension disappearing from my body. I didn't do much, I didn't need to, my soul just needed a little soothing.

Aaaaaaahhhhh, that's better!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for school holidays! Sharing your sense of relief from getting things done and dusted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi amiga, adorei todas as novidades do teu blog, também trago novidades no meu blog para ti contar, confira e depois deixe um comentário para eu poder saber o que achastes,abraços do Brasil.
    http://www.titacarre.com
    http://elo7.com.br/titacarre

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too find crochet gentle,rhythmic,and soothing. Thanks for sharing and I hope things lighten up a bit x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from my readers so feel free to leave a comment. If you are reading one of my yarn reviews please let me know if you find it helpful.