Saturday, March 16, 2013

New on the hook

Do you know that I have started yet another new project?! What am I doing?! Don't I already have enough projects on the go?

To my credit (for once!) I have actually been making sure I pick up my unfinished WIPs so that I work on them too.

Remember the laptop bag I started last year? Maybe you don't. But anyway I finally finished crocheting the basic fabric part.


I have also crocheted the sides together since this photo was taken and now I just have to line the bag with fabric to help give it some support and stop it stretching when the weight of the laptop is in it. I also need to work out what type of strap or handle I am going to use and how I am going to secure it closed! Nothing like making stuff up as you go.

Now the new project is a version of a granny afghan I have had my eye on for a while. I found it on Ravelry, but it is a free project from Redheart. I love that it looks a little like scales so I am calling mine the Dragon Scales Afghan.

I only have a few little squares done so far, but I love how they look. I think I am going to really enjoy this project.

A few completed squares
Some awaiting completion

You can see how the pattern will evolve
This won't be a cowardly, blend into the background type of afghan. It will be bright and in your face.

The other thing I have been doing is making a few little flowers. I have been putting them onto hair elastics for the girls to wear in their hair.





The girls want me to make them all the time and tell me they want to have a garden in their hair.

xXx Helen


1 comment:

  1. Everything is looking very good. I like the colours. Have a nice crochet weekend.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from my readers so feel free to leave a comment. If you are reading one of my yarn reviews please let me know if you find it helpful.